Benefits for youth:
- Increased high school graduation rates
- Lower high school dropout rates
- Healthier relationships and lifestyle choices
- A better attitude about school
- Higher college enrollment rates and higher educational aspirations
- Enhanced self-esteem and self-confidence
- Improved behavior, both at home and at school
- Stronger relationships with parents, teachers, and peers
- Improved interpersonal skills
- Decreased likelihood of initiating drug and alcohol use (MENTOR, 2009; Cavell, DuBois, Karcher, Keller, & Rhodes, 2009)
Benefits for you:
- YOU make a difference!
- I will act as an instrument of positive change in my family, my work and my community. I will utilize all of the talents that God has given me and will participate in all aspects of my life with energy, purpose, and gratitude. I will utilize my talents in strategy and administration to ensure that my home is loving and calm, my workplace is productive and positive and my community is responsive and growing. Through this focus, I will give more than I take and will provide a positive role model for our youth.
- I AM a 2Step Mentor!!
With all the technology today, many kids and adults may assume that their knowledge and skills are growing, however, this is not always the case.
Nothing replaces quality time shared between two people! It is important to take the time to learn from someone and to teach someone when opportunities arise!
You can always teach someone something new, and you can surely always learn something from someone else!